Thursday, April 28, 2005

Am I where I should be?

Today is my last day in this building. I am cleaning up all my official and personal stuff from my machine. ... Its going to be a new office, a new cubicle, a new machine and for that matter, even a new mail id!! Though Im all excited about it, im going to be the same 'software engeer' reporting the same manager :(

Some how, this thought crept into my mind all of a sudden... Am I pursuing my passion? This might sound trivial on first thought, but come to think of it, are we really doing what we wanted to do, what we wanted to pursue in our careers?

As soon as we complete our higher secondary, all that we decide is whether to choose engineering or medicine. But Why? Just because these are the two fields that earn you the 'most important thing in your life - money' isn't it? Go and ask random engineers and doctors out there if they chose their careers because they were really interested in it. " What the hell! You make money and that is what matters." would be the reply from most people. After finishing engineering, most of the 'engineers' are satisfied with their jobs, while the most of the rest seem to lose interest in the 'engineering journey' and you are right, the next thing that comes to their mind is an MBA, to put it better, they make sure MBA is what they are dreaming for. Iam not saying this is the case with all of us, but most of us.

In the race to make it big in life we tend to smother our dreams for the sake of our future and get along with the herd. We never really do care if we eventually end up conquering the goal we set out for. But how many of us really do??? Just give it a thought, guys while I get back to cleaning up my machine now.

2 Comments:

Blogger AJB said...

cudnt agree u more! but my prob right now, is I dont know what my goal is!!!
I have no idea what I am doing in this software line! Like u said, came along with the herd!
It takes guts( a little bit, yes!) to try out something different!!!
Its the insecurity issues that prevent ppl from thinking and doing stuff out of the box!!
Still trying to find out what my goals are!!!
When is the next post coming up?

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so u at crossoads now, wondering what to do with life eh??? happens when the MBA bug bites you :-)... visited ur blog after a long time, thanks to ur coffee day friend .. btw u givng CAT 2006??

career planner

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home